Thursday, July 19, 2012

Welcome


Welcome!!!!!

 

       Welcome to Bobby's Culinary Adventure!  I am glad that you are here and ready to join me in my culinary adventures.  In this blog, I hope to be able to share my cooking and eating experiences with you.  I certainly hope that you will share your culinary adventures with me.   Sometimes, I will discuss various cooking techniques, sometimes I will post recipes and sometimes I just might vent my frustrations.  I sure hope that you will join me on this trek.

       A little about me.,  First, I am NOT a professional chef and never have claimed to be.  I just love to cook for others.  I'm not sure why but I really get my jollies seeing peoples faces when they taste my food.  I have been told by many friends and acquaintances that I should have my own restaurant.  Really?  Hmm, sounds like a  good idea but I really rather deal with the public on a one on one level.  Who am I kidding?  I would love to have my own place, but there is a little thing called money.

       I was born in Rockford, Illinois many, many, many years ago.  I was raised by my father and mother in a loving home along with my two sisters and brother.  My mom was and still is a wonderful cook.  I learned many techniques from her when I was growing up.  Being from the mid-west, I was privy to many church potlucks and their glorious dishes.  I was fortunate enough to get many of these recipes and have them either written down or committed to memory.

       I attended college in Cincinnati, Ohio and have a degree in Church Music with a Vocal Major.  I still sing but am not using my degree at this time.  I now live in Providence, Rhode Island and love it here.  Many cultures are represented here.  Portuguese, Italian, French, Polish, Spanish (which encompasses many different countries and subcultures) and many African nations all have converged on the State of Rhode Island and Plantations.  Yes, that is the official name of Rhode Island.  Well, that's about it for now.  I will be publishing more soon.  Thank for taking a look at this new blog.  I hope to hear from you soon about your culinary adventure!

Oh, let start with an easy recipe!

TACO OLE BITES 


       This past weekend I catered a dinner party for 50 people. One of the appetizers that I served was my creation, Taco Ole Bites. I got the original inspiration from Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry. The group went wild over them so I thought I would share this recipe with you.

2 lbs of ground beef
2 packages of taco seasoning
1 jar of Pace Picante Sauce
1 cup Shredded Mexican Blended Cheese
1 cup crispy rice cereal
2 sheets puff pastry
pickled jalapeno slices

Cook ground beef in skillet according to taco seasoning directions. Add picante sauce and mix thoroughly. Allow the mixture to cool. Add cheese and mix. Set beef mixture aside. Roll puff pastry to size to cut 1 1/2 inch squares (this does not have to be exact). Place square into the greased cups of a mini-muffin pan. If the dough does not cover all sides of the cup, press dough lightly with fingers to spread dough to cover the sides. Place 1/4 teaspoon of the crispy rice cereal in the bottom of each cup and then fill with the beef mixture. The crispy rice will absorb the excess moisture and keep the pastry crisp.  Bake at 375 for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle more cheese on top of the Oles. Place back in the oven for 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from the oven and top each Ole with a jalapeno slice. Serve warm. Make approximately 50 Taco Oles!


Have a suggestion for a topic?  Please feel free to email me by clicking here.
All the best to you and those you hold dear, and only the best on your table! Until next time, I remain yours, Bobby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment